Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Letter from January 27th, 2013

Hey all!

This transfer is coming to a close, and it's kind of freaking me out. I'm hoping I'll stay another transfer with sister Bevan...because things are moving a long, and I want to stay! In fact...my dream transfer call is to train WITH Sister Bevan. It's not a very frequent occurance, but it's been happening more and more often. Sister Bevan feels like she's going to train soon, and I REALLY want to train, so it's like the best solution! :) It hurts me heart to think that this transfer is almost over, though. It's gone by WAY too fast! Pretty soon I'll hit my year mark, and then I'll be an emotional wreck! Haha not really, but sisters tend to get a little crazy when their year mark happens. They get a little bit more emotional, a little bit more urgent, and a lot more worried if their doing their best.

We had exchanges this week. IT was fun! We're buddies with our STLs - in fact, their in our zone, so we get to hang out with them every preparation day, and Sister Bevan is best friends with both of them - so we knew it was going to be a good time. Sister Peruch came to 6th area with me; she's a lot like me, in a lot of ways. It was keird. She's been out for awhile - she goes home in April (my year mark...shudder...) - so she has a lot of experience. And sheShe was able to teach me, through her example, that it's ok to be shy and a little bit quiet - the Lord doesn't expect us to become completely different people. We are who we are for a reason! BUT. We have to be constantly going out of our comfort zone, trying to improve and grow, and we have to open our mouth. If the spirit tells you to open up your mouth and say somethings, then open it up and say something! It was a comforting lesson to know, that it's ok to be me, but also motivating, because I know I need to still step out of that comfort zone a lot more than I do.

We had a wonderful miracle last night. We really wanted to go to a baptism that was happening in our zone, but to do that, we needed to bring an investigator. We werne't having much sucess in finding someone to go with us, so we prayed and told HeavenlyFather that we really watned to go, and that we knew there was someone who would benefit from going, so we asked for help finding that person. So, we started visiting people that we had talked to this past transfer, and then, suddenly, this woman, Paula, popped into Sister Bevan's head. She was a referral from the Spanish Elders, and we had just met her on Friday. So, we texted her (texting is more her style of communication. We weren't be lazy, promise, Dad!) and asked if she wanted to come. She said sure! So, we went to her place a little early, so she could follow us there. We had to help ehr clean a bit, and get her kids ready, and by that time, we were going to get there a little late. But, every time we hit a stop light, it turned green (literally, we would start approaching one, it'd flip to green) and we got tehre right on time.And, she enjoyed it. And her 6 year old daughter totaly enjoyed it too. IT was awesome! IT's so incredible to be able to call upon the Lord to provide these miracles. I've learned that it's not selfish to ask for miracles. In fact, Elder Holland TELLS us to call down miracles. Now, they don't always come in the form we expect, but if we're doing what we're supposed to, all we have to say is, "This is may goal. This is what I'm trying to do. This si what I want. Here is what I'm doing to acheive it. Can you put someone in my who is ready?" Because He WILL provide. He is preparing His people, and if you show you are willing and able, and worthy, He will place those elect people in your path, and you will experience wonderful joy!

I hope you all have a wonderful week! I love you all! Alos, if you could keep Bart Lawrence in your prayers, I would really apreciate it. I love you!

Sister Beth Ann Root!

No comments:

Post a Comment