Monday, June 30, 2014

Letter from June 30th, 2014

Hey all!

Well, this week, we officially have a new mission president. I'm way sad to see the Weavers leave; I learned a lot from them. I definitely needed them to be here as my mission president. But, I'm also very excited to see what the Blatters bring into the mission. Sister Bayles and I had the chance to talk to Sister Blatter this week - we did TWO exchanges this week (that makes for a long and exhausting week, let me tell you!), and since we normally reported them to Sister Weaver, we called Sister Blatter. She's very sweet, and is absolutely thrilled to be here.

We've seen a lot of miracles across the mission the past week, and I think it's because of the Blatters. Heavenly Father is blessing the mission - it's like greenie faith! Incredible things happen with greenie faith, and this time it's the mission president who has the greenie faith, and it has the power to effect the entire mission! We're going to have a special zone conference this week where we get to meet them. Ours is tomorrow. I'm pretty excited about it.

Some of our miracles for the week though:

We found a new investigator, named Rainy! (Really, that's her name.) She's way cool. Probably in her early 20s. She said her friend had recently given her a Book of Mormon, and she read the introduction. She said it was a lot to take in, and very different from what she believed. She said she would love to have us come back and we can explain more about the Book of Mormon, why we have it, and answer her questions. She was very sweet, and I'm way stoked to teach her! That is proof that no effort is wasted! Her friend gave her a Book of Mormon! And then missionaries happened to knock on her door! I bet her friend wasn't expecting that! Follow the promptings to do missionary work, and you'll be blessed, yo! It's way cool.

We also were able to meet with Carlos Llamas a couple times this week. And he went to church! It was awesome! He seemed to enjoy it - he's kind of hard to read, but he's definitely interested! And he told a member that he was planning on coming back next week. His heart is slowly opening up to the spirit. We're super excited for him. He made the comment to us that his Mormon friends back home seemed "So alive" and he wanted to figure out why. I love that description! I think it's so true, because, especially since being on a mission, I FEEL so much more alive. Like I have greater purpose, and that gives me greater joy and confidence, and I just want to live life to the fullest - in the best ways!

Another way cool miracle has to do with Nicki, an investigator who moved into a different ward. She moved into American Lake, which is where Sister Brewster - Sister Brewster and I originally started teaching Nicki. Thursday, we got a text from them saying that Nicki believes Joseph Smith is a prophet, and is on-date to get baptized on July 18th. I'm SO happy for that! It's way awesome! And I can definitely say that most of Nicki's process happened when we were not with her. The spirit definitely worked with her a lot. It was awesome to read the Book of Mormon with her, and to see, each time, how her heart was changing, and that she could see the light and truth within it, and within the messages that we shared. I love it!

Yup, so life is pretty great. I'm excited for this upcoming week, and for the next few weeks! I love being here and doing this week. I think the exchanges I did this week helped me to just be filled with an increasing love for this work. I'm so grateful I have this opportunity to do this. It's the best! My study this morning ended up kind of being centered on the idea of doing God's work. The thought that I had, while reading somewhere in Doctrine and Covenants 88 was that we receive our glory as we defend God's glory. So, by doing His work, fighting against the enemy, and defending His truth, we gain our glory. I love it!

I love you all! Thank you for all you do to support me and help me out here.

Sister Beth Ann Root!

No comments:

Post a Comment