Monday, June 9, 2014

Letter from June 9th, 2014

Transfer happenings: Sister Bayles and I are both staying put! We're both super excited! We're really excited for this upcoming transfer, and the companionships that we're over have some AMAZING sisters! Two of them (the two most solid ones) stayed together, and we're pretty stoked about that, and there are some other amazing sisters coming. I'm way excited for these upcoming exchanges! The elders in our ward, though, are getting doubled out. Well, Elder Meyer is going home. His time is up! And then Elder Taylor is getting transferred as well, so the elders that are coming are Elders Olmstead and Sharp. I served with Elder Olmstead in Silverdale for 2 transfers, and he's a good missionary, so I'm excited to be able to work with him again. It'll be a fun time!

This week has been pretty good. We had a miracle with this woman named Karen. She had been taught several months ago, but kinda fell off the grid; I don't know if it was the missionaries who dropped her or if she dropped the missionaries. It's still kinda fuzzy to me. But, Sister Bayles and I tracted into her at the beginning of the transfer. Ever since, we've been trying to see her and teach her, but we've never been able to catch her at a good time, even when we set up appointments. So, things fall through one day, so we decide to try to check up on Karen. She's frantically cleaning, clearly a little bit stressed and worried. So, we offer to help her. She finally accepts our offer, and we start cleaning. We get done, and we're about to head out, and she's like, "Wait! Do you want to share something with me or read something from your book?" Totally not even what we were expecting! So, we just share with her a little bit, and at the end, she was like, "I just want to learn more! I'm not exactly religious. I don't like organized religion, but I want to learn more about God and stuff." It was way cool, because she was way more open to having us stop by again. Answer to prayer! It was way awesome!

We went on our last exchange for the transfer, and it was pretty awesome. I went with Sister Sandau again - she was my STL last transfer - and it really was jjust a lot of fun - she also was able to trim a few inches off of my hair, since it's been several months since I've gotten it cut. She about panicked when she heard how long it had been! haha - and we had several miracles. We were able to talk to several people while tracting, and actually had a lot of good discussions. It was something both of us needed, because I guess in both of our areas, tracting has been a little bit slow. It was pretty cool.

We also had MLC - Mission Leadership Council - this week. It was a special one, because all of the former STLS and zone leaders came, as well. Pretty much, President and sister Weaver were just prepping us for the coming of the Blatters. It happens June 26th. They were just emphasizing the importance of us being a good example to those around us, and of the willingness to do the things they ask of us, and respecting and loving them. It was really hard for a lot of missionaries, because most of us are older and nearing the end of our missions, so the realization that the time has finally come for the Weavers to leave, just makes the reality of the end of our missions even greater. I was ok. A little bit more solemn, but there were a lot of sisters who, this is their final transfer, and they were pretty distraught. Sister Bevan - since she was there, and a former STL - even got a little emotional, which was way weird, because Sister Bevan doesn't get emotional...haha! But, it was a really good meeting, and it helped me just kind of put my mission into perspective. There's a lot I have learned, and a lot that I don't think I would have learned any other way - at least, not nearly as quickly. It makes me grateful for my time here. It makes me grateful for the time I have left.

It also just got me way pumped. I don't know why I've been called to be an STL. But, I'm striving to be open to the Lord, so He can use me to do His work. I've been given the chance to get to know sisters more intimately than I normally would have. It's weird, because they just automatically trust you, simply because of the title STL, so they word vomit all their problems. They hold what you say and advice that you give as words of importance. Which means, I have greater responsibility with the things I say. I have the responsibility to be obedient and willing, because they are looking at me - whether I really believe they are or not. I just hope I'm doing things right, and I'm doing what the Lord wants me to! Especially with the Blatters coming in! I want them to be able to trust me!

Anyways. I think I've word vomited a little bit...haha! But, I love you guys! Thanks for everything! Thanks for all you do to help me out, for the prayers and support. I love being out here, and I'm going to work my hardest these last few transfers, to make sure I get the most out of it! I love you all!

Sister Beth Ann Root!

No comments:

Post a Comment