Monday, July 28, 2014

Letter from July 28th, 2014

Hey all!

It's been a good week here in Lacey! Week one of a transfer is always exciting. We weren't able to go to transfer meeting, again, since we weren't exchanging companions, and with the new rule instituted of not going to transfer meeting if you're not being transferred. In all reality, it was way hard not to be there. I missed the chance to say farewell to some dear friends, and I missed their final testimonies. It made me so sad!

We also heard from Rainy. It turns out that she's out of state until September...which is SUCH a bummer. BUT! She took her Book of Mormon with her and said she'd come back with questions to ask us. :) I definitely believe that she is elect, and I'm hopeful for when she comes back. The spirit will work on her while she's away, and she'll be even more ready to hear the Gospel when she's back in town!

Susan Emory is doing amazing! She warms my soul! She went to Addiction Recovery, and there she talked about how she is planning on getting baptized, and how she knows the Book of Mormon is true, and that she knows when she reads it, it helps her have the strength that she needs. She working hard at overcoming her plethora of addictions, but she is focused and has such pure desires! I'm so excited for her! We saw her on Friday, and she had written out a list of things to be doing in order for her to be baptized - on it were things like praying and reading the scriptures, keeping the Sabbath Day holy, and going to church! It was so cool, because these are things that we teach investigators before they get baptized, but we haven't taught them to her, yet. But, she's been studying, she's been searching, and the spirit has been teaching her. She is on FIRE!! I love visiting her, because she always has something new she learned, she is eager to learn from us, and she recognizes that this is where God is leading her. Her desires are so pure! It seriously fills me with such joy! I love witnessing the power of the spirit, and the change of heart it works in people. I'm constantly reminded that I truly have nothing to do with these people's conversions. I'm just here to help them recognize God's hand and to point them in the right direction. God does everything else.

We've had a few other sweet tender mercies that have just helped us to feel God's love for us, and to be given the knowledge that we're doing what we're supposed to. It's humbling to realize that God truly does listen to the cries of our heart, and to our silent pleadings - so we must be careful for what we are crying out, because we need to remember His goodness and be grateful, instead of crying out in frustration.

All in all, it's been a good week. It's been interesting dealing with the realization that I'm going home soon. Sister Bayles is leaving at the end of this transfer, so it's not something I can just ignore...it's kind of constantly prevalent. It fills me with sorrow to think about leaving. It fills me with desperation, because I want to work as hard as possible, I want do work as hard as I can, I want to help the people I'm supposed to, and I want to become the person I'm meant to become. Above all else, it fills me with joy and gratitude. There is no greater work. There is nothing else better for my life than what I could be doing right now. And I'm so grateful I still have time left! It's not over today! I still have time!

This seriously is the best. I love it! Thank you to all of those who support me and help me. I'm grateful for your efforts and willingness to help me. I love you all!

Sister Beth Ann Root!

No comments:

Post a Comment