Saturday, April 6, 2013

Letter from April 6th, 2013

MTC is GREAT!! I LOVE it here! It makes me miss Sister Ferrell, though. Although the MTC is cram-packed full of fantastic misisonaries, I'm still kinda a nerd in the sense that, sometimes, I just get so super excited that all I want to do is talk about the Gospel and missionary work and I get all happy and energized, and everyone else is just like..."cool." Sister Ferrell had the same enthusiasm, and I miss having someone to be that enthusiastic with me. My companion, Sister Chapman is great. She works really, really hard. I actually knew her little sister up in Flagstaff. We were in choir together. So, it was neat to have that connection. The rest of my roommates and my district are great as well. We have a hoot of a time and laugh a lot. We also have some great spiritual discussions. One sister in my district, Sister Langi (She's Tongan. AND going to Tacoma!) has a great desire to learn. She's so open to learning and what people have to say to her, which makes her very receptive to the Spirit. I love seeing how earnest she is in trying to learn the most she can.

I'm definitely getting well fed - though I haven't been gorging myself. So maybe I won't gain weight!! haha. Oh, Mom. while I'm thinking about it. I forgot to bring a blanket!! Ridiculous, right? It's not a big deal right now, since the MTC provides bedding, and I'm sure I'll get the chance to buy one when I get to Washington, but it still was a bit of a bummer to realize. I also never received a Ministerial Certificate. I don't know if that was necessary, but it's mentioned in Preach My Gospel, and I think I might have been supposed to receive it when I got set apart. Would you be willing to talk to President Johnson about that? Just to make sure. Also, when you email me next, will you let me know the balance of my bank account? I just want to know when my Federal return gets to me. It's not a big deal right now, but I just would like to know.

Leigh and Robert sent me letters the day before I left, so I was lucky enough to have mail Thursday. It was wonderful to have that. I've been learning SO much!! It is fantastic. Sister Hamstead compared the MTC to Hogwarts. I kinda have to agree with her. It is the most magically spiritual place ever! Except for the temple of course! Speaking of the temple, I miss out on my temple trip today, since my Pday is during General Conference. It's a bit of a bummer, but you know, not much I can do about it. Sister Remington also compared to the MTC as a fire hydrant, and you just kinda have to sit there, trying to drink as much as possible, but there's no way you can get it all. It is SO true! I am learning SO much, but there is so much more I can be learning. I have, once again, felt the importance of love. There is no way you can effective teach the Gospel if you are not expressing love for those you teach, as well as the love Heavenly Father has for them. In fact, in Preach My Gospel, it states that this is an expression of the power one has been given. It is something I have a desire to gain, and I am striving to do. There is a great need for me to gain a huge amount of humility in order for me to do this, though. It is very hard, but I am willing to do what is necessary.

The past few days have been hard, but rewarding. It's hard adjusting to the insane schedule, and it's sometimes hard having to work around other sisters! I have to work on compromise with my companion. But, it's all worth it. I KNOW that. I know this Gospel is so, so beautiful. I am filled with a great joy and excitement being here, but I can't wait to get out in the field. This truly is a great blessing in my life. Thank you for all you sacrifice in order for me to be here. I love you so much! The Gospel is true! I know it.

Sister Beth Ann Root! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment