Monday, March 10, 2014

Letter from March 10th, 2014

Hey all!

It's been a pretty good week! Minus me getting hit by a monster of a cold. I ended up being useless on Wednesday. We had District Meeting, and I really couldn't tell you about most of it. Then, we went to a few appointments - but both of them fell through. By 3:30, I was so miserable, that we just went home and I slept for a couple of hours. I ended up having a fever that reached 100, and I was so incredible achy. We went to an appointment at 7:00 and then went home again, so I could just sleep. The next couple of days weren't too bad, so I thought I was just going to get over it really fast! But then, last night, it all moved down into my chest, and we were going to a fireside, so of course, I had to sing (It was in Elma. I went back to the zone I was born in! I was able to see a few families that I absolutely LOVE!) and by the end of the night, my voice was shot. Today, I'm coughing more than I was before, and my voice has dropped an octave.

We had an amazing lesson with Jeff this week. He's the one who was referred to us from a family in the ward, the Roelofs - Sister Roelof is pretty much the best fellowship I've ever had in a lesson. She TTIPs! - Teach, testify, invite, and promise. I don't think she actually realizes it, because she never served a mission, but I've never had someone come who was so inspired. And she's not even an RM! Anyway, he really opened up to us, and we're really encouraged by it. He's one who is definitely going to get baptized. Now, it's just a matter of when.

We had to give one of our other solid investigators to the Elders. Apparently Shane dropped us on Tuesday - we were on exchange so I wasn't there - and he was acting way weird. So, we went back to talk to his neighbor - he lives in a trailer park, so everyone is homies there - and his neighbor, this old man named Kenny who we've become buddies with us, tells us why Shane dropped us. He looked at Sister Bevan and said with a toothless grin, "He's got the hots for ya!"Apparently Sister Bevan is just too dang attractive! It was really funny, but really frustrating. It says volumes for Shane's character. He doesn't want to do things for the wrong reasons. But WHY!! So, we told the Elders to go back and start teaching him. Because he's definitely going to get baptized. He already has expressed that desire, he just has to get his act together with some things.

Welp. That pretty much was the week! We found a few new investigators, and we're excited to see what's going to happen with transfers! We'll know this Saturday. Bevan has changed her mind. She thinks she's staying, and I'm going. Which is the logical thing. I just don't want to leave! It's definitely a...stressful area, but I love it, and I love the people we're teaching, and I love the members! But, we'll see where the Lord needs me.

Congrats to Michael and Dawn on Friday! I'll be thinking of ya'll. I expect pictures! :)

I love you all! Thanks for all that you do! Just remember, the Gospel is the BEST!! At the fireside last night, as we sang As Sisters in Zion/Army of Helaman (efy medley) and Amazing Grace, I was just filled with such joy and gratitude that I have the opportunity to know what I know and to do what I do. This is the best thing on the Earth. I love it! I love you all! Have a great week!

Sister Beth Ann Root!

No comments:

Post a Comment