Monday, March 24, 2014

Letter from March 24th, 2014

Hey all!

It's just been another week in the mission field. I'm getting used to Lacey, though I'm still way lost all of the time. I ended up being the designated driver...probably karma for rubbing it into Sister Bevan's face that she had to drive and not me. I HATE driving. It's because Sister Brewster is a greenie, and greenies don't generally get blue cards. It might end up changing though...

Sister Brewster is a way good missionary, with a whole lot less greenie pride than I had. It makes it way easy to follow-up train her, because she's so ready to just learn new ways to do things, and to go out and work. We work really well together, and we're ready to tear this place apart! It's kinda slower, like Silverdale way, though not as slow. But, we're just gonna go out and knock till our knuckles bleed so we can find some golden investigators who are ready to receive the Gospel! (Haha words I never thought I'd say. Being companions with Sister Bevan gave me the itch to knock doors whenever I don't know what to do with our time. Which is way weird, but that's ok.)

So, Sister Brewster made the comment that she had never been anti-ed before, on the mission. So, of course, the next evening, we had a pretty intense bible bash/anti session. I've gotten to the point where anti just pumps me up, and fortifies my testimony. Not everyone is that way, though. Brewster struggled a little bit. I have a feeling we're going to deal with a good amount of anti this transfer. But, we shall see!

This past week, I've been filled with way weird emotions about the mission. I think it's because I'm with a greenie when I'm hitting my year mark. I look at her and realize I was in her shoes 10 months ago, which doesn't seem like a long time to me, but seems like an eternity to her. I've just been filled with this intense gratitude for being able to be out here. I LOVE it! So much! I know I say it all the time, but the feelings have just been so intense this week, I can't explain it fully. I was giving the spiritual thought at a member's house after dinner, and as I started bearing my testimony of being able to teach the first vision to people and how awesome it is, I started tearing up. I've NEVER teared up when talking about the first vision. It's happened a few other times, too, when bearing my testimony about random things. I LOVE it! You guys, the Gospel is the best! I love it!

I don't have much else to say. Sorry this is short. But, I love you all. Thanks so much for your support and love. Remember, the Gospel is true, the Atonement is real, and it's all worth it!!

Love ya!

Sister Beth Ann Root!

No comments:

Post a Comment