Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Letter from March 31st, 2014

Hey all!

It's just been another week in the WA-TAC. A lot of knocking doors in the rain - which, honestly...I've grown to LOVE! Sister Brewster just thinks I'm nuts. But, the rain brings forth miracles, and I think I've finally reached this point on my mission that I'm going to be happy no matter what! Even when the elders in the ward are trying to steal our investigators (still sketchy about that...I might have to talk to them...) or if people yell at us or say silly, ignorant things, I'm just so happy to be out here. I've also gotten to the point where, after a morning and afternoon of appointments falling through, and no one being home that we try to check up on, all I want to do is knock on some doors. Even if no one wants to talk to us, I feel satisfied and content that I went out and knocked on some doors! I have control of what I do, not who talks to me. So when I decide to go out and work, and I can look down the street and see how many doors I knocked, and how many people I TRIED to talk to, I feel much satisfied that I did my best. It's a really good feeling. I'm glad I've finally accepted this whole door knocking business.

We were blessed to find a new investigator, named Aaron. We found him knocking my first week here, and has set up an appointment to see him this past Thursday. In all honesty, we were pretty sure he was going to bail. BUT! He was there! And he let us in! And we taught the Restoration! It was awesome! At the end of it, Sister Brewster had asked him, "What do you want most in life?" And his response was,, "Well, happiness, I guess. I just don't know where to find it." That is like music to a missionary's ears. He said he would read the Book of Mormon, for sure. We're seeing him again this week, and I just pray that he's able to find the peace and happiness that he is looking for within the Book of Mormon, and within the principles that we will teach him. I'm excited for where it could go with him.

We're also teaching this lady named Nicki. She's from Nigeria, which is pretty cool. She's willing to learn more, and find if this is where God would have her be. It seriously is always the best to have people who are earnestly seeking the path that God would have them take. Because then they're sincere, so when they ask God if things are true, like the Book of Mormon, the spirit can give that confirming witness! It makes me so happy!

We also have a few others that we're working with, and they struggle with the Word of Wisdom. It's really the only thing holding them back, but...they're kinda stubborn about it. So...we'll hafta work on that. But, we're just working hard! Things really are so good.

We also were able to watch the Women's Conference on Saturday. It was AMAZING!! I'm SO excited for General Conference this week! The Women's Conference just made me so grateful to be a part of this church. We never have to stand alone in our standards. Even if we feel like we are, there are hundreds, even thousands - millions! - who stand with us. I also was filled with excitement for the opportunity to teach children of my own, when the time comes, of the Gospel, of the Savior, and of their Divine Nature and Inheritance. The Gospel is pretty much the best, you guys. I'm SO grateful!

I'm so glad to be here on my mission. I love it! Sister Brewster just looks at me and shakes her head a lot, because I just get so pumped and passionate about serving a mission. I hit my year mark on Thursday, and I am just baffled and amazed at how fast time has gone by. I love it, and I'm so grateful for all of the support you guys have given me.

Remember how amazing it is to have this Gospel in your life. And, how amazing it is to have a Prophet who leads and guides us. And we actually get to hear from him this weekend! Be sure to watch and listen to Conference with a questions in your heart. They will be answered. The spirit will teach you and give you revelation as you listen to these mighty men and women of God. If, by any chance, any of you who read this are not a member of the church, or you aren't sure it's true, or your testimony is unsure, I would invite you to watch General Conference this weekend. Test it out! Our Prophet, called of God, will be speaking! As well as Apostles and others, called of God. If you come with a question, come asking for truth, or for guidance, or even just for peace and assurance, you will find it. I promise it! About a year and a half ago, I watched General Conference and my life was changed, as the Prophet, Thomas S. Monson declared a new piece of revelation - that sisters could go on missions at age 19. The spirit moved me, and I have never been the same. My life is forever altered. Because, here I am. In Lacey, Washington. Never happier, never so sure of myself and my purpose. This is what General Conference does. It moves us. It teaches us. It gives us a vision for what God has in store for us. So watch it! Please!

I love you all! Thanks for everything! Hope you have a good week! Email me next week with insights from Conference! I'd love to hear them!

Sister Beth Ann Root!

No comments:

Post a Comment