Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Letter from April 14th, 2014

Hey all!

It's been a pretty slow week. Our only on date, Susan Emory, just dropped us. Our progressing stopped progressing, and pretty much all of our investigators told us their life was too busy to put God first. I'm not frustrated, like I was when I first got to Silverdale, and things were way slow. I'm just...exhausted, I guess would be the right word for it. It's always easy to have those bursts of energy when you see amazing things happen, where people grab hold of the wonderful truth, and they not only feel the spirit, but recognize it and want to do anything and everything to keep it with them. Unfortunately, not much of that has been happening here in Lacey. But, we're working on it. We're trying!

We're going to the temple this week. You guys, I've been dying to go to the temple for about 11 months now. Since last time I've been. I'm SO excited!! So, in preparation, President and Sister Weaver have asked us to study certain things, in honor of the temple - AND Easter. We've been studying the temple and the Atonement. There's been a sentence that, at the beginning of this transfer, came to my mind, and it's been in it ever since. I haven't been able to get it out of my head, and I shared it yesterday in testimony meeting:

I stand all amazed at His amazing Grace.

It combines two of my favorite songs. I Stand All Amazed has been one of my favorite hymns for awhile, and Amazing Grace has become near and dear to my heart over the past year, and we sing it at ever major meeting we have. So, it so perfectly combines these two songs, and how I feel. I stand all amazed at His Amazing Grace. There are no words to express how I feel about my Savior. The gratitude I have. I'm in awe, I'm amazed, and it causes me to be speechless. We are so blessed to have the knowledge of the Atonement in our lives. We are so blessed to understand it's healing, redemptive, and enabling power. We are so lucky! Everything would be for naught, it'd be hopeless, pointless, pathetic, without Christ's Atonement, giving us grace, the power to overcome and become. The power to change and to do. True to the Faith make the statement that one cannot help to build the Kingdom of God without Christ's grace. We cannot do it on our own, based off our own abilities and strength. Anything we do within the Church contributes to the building of God's Kingdom. And, not only within the Church, but if we're living the Gospel correctly, anything we do in general contributes to it, as well! We need this grace each and every day of our lives. Without it, there is no lasting success. Without it we fail. Without it, we exhaust ourselves and fall short each and every time.

We are SO lucky to be blessed with the knowledge of Christ's grace. There are 15 million members of the church. Out of how many billion?! You who are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, think about how incredible it is that YOU are a member, when the percentage is infinitesimal. You've been blessed with this. So...what are you going to do about it?

Ah, man, I just love it. I'm so grateful to be where I am, doing what I do, knowing what I know. I love it! I am lucky and blessed to be here on my mission. Thank you for all those who help me and support me. I'm grateful for all you do!

Love you!

Sister Beth Ann Root!

P.S. I'm still waiting to hear thoughts on Conference...I've gotten NOTHING! I want to know what ya'll thought! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment