Monday, April 28, 2014

Letter from April 28th, 2014

Hey all!

Well, it's the start of a new transfer. Time is beginning to tick even faster to a close. I'm just freaking out a little bit. Transfer call: Sister Brewster is going to the Lakewood zone. It's a sweet area and it's busy. I'm excited for her! I'm staying in Lacey 5th and getting Sister Bayles. I'm WAY stoked, because Bayles is a beast of a missionary. I'm excited for what I'm going to learn from her. Other less exciting news with transfers, President Weaver has decided to make Lacey 5th a Sister Training Leader area. So, Sister Bayles and I have been called to be STLs. It's typically a 4 transfer call, which means I'm probably going to die as an STL, which, honestly, is a great relief! I'll be focused on other sisters and helping them, so I won't be so caught up in the hubbub of going home and stuff. It'll be a nice way to keep me good and focused until the very end!

This week was pretty good. Lacey 5th had a baptism! It was the elders', but we helped teach him. His name is Sovec Valencia. He's been taught by many, many missionaries. Sisters Brewster and Wilcox actually were the ones who re-found him. Then, with transfers, Elders Miller and Meyer came over one time, and they connected with him and were able to be exactly what he needed, so we handed him over to them and let them take the lead. Though, Sovec loved having all four of us over, so we would all come, and Sister Brewster and I would just support the elders in their teaching. He's made a lot of changes, so it was really neat to be a part of it. Haha I made the mistake of singing at his baptism, and now the whole ward (which doesn't have too much musical talent) has cornered me! But, it was a very sweet and tender baptism. Sovec has such a tender heart and he has a lot of sincere desires, and he just wants to do what's right!

We had a sweet tender mercy at the beginning of the week. I was kind of having a rough day, and then, of course, during our 5-7s, it was pouring pretty hard. Which, doesn't really bother me much, anymore, but it definitely wasn't helping my mood that day. So, I kind of took it to Heavenly Father and was like, "So, I'm here. I'm trying hard. You know I'm not feeling the cheeriest right now. And, we haven't really been seeing much success or much positive reception from anyone. So...can you give us something? just to help me out." The next door we knocked on (after about 7 minutes of walking, because we were out in the sticks) this nice lady named Beth (go figure!) opened the door, was very sweet, accepted a Book of Mormon, and said she'd call us when she knew her work schedule. Well...who knows if she will actually call...I'm hoping for it, but it was just clear evidence that HeavenlyFather just listened and answered my prayer, because I was feeling pretty glum.

I love how Heavenly Father does that. He really does listen, you know! You just have to be paying attention to His answers. She wasn't a new investigator. She didn't invite us in. But she was kind, she listened, and she expressed interest. Which was really all I needed. just a sweet tender mercy. :)

There's not really much else to share, except to express the humility and gratitude I feel towards my calling as an STL. Please say a few extra prayers for me, as I try to figure out how the heck to actually do this! Sister Bayles and I are both new to this. I'm grateful to be trusted with this, but I know I can't do this on my own. But, I'm excited to see what will happen because of it! I'm excited to see who I can become because of it, if I let myself.

I love you all! Thanks for all that you do! Remember how amazing this Gospel is! It's the best! I finished the Book of Mormon again, yesterday, and it was incredible as I got down on my knees to test out Moroni's challenge, yet again, and I can say that I received a witness that the Book of Mormon is true. No doubt, you guys, no doubt! Every time I read it, the spirit fills me, and I'm so happy! It excites me to be able to read the Book of Mormon every day! Read it everyday, you guys! It's worth it! It's so incredibly worth it! I love it! I love the Gospel, and I love the WA-TAC. Thank you guys for everything. I love you!

Sister Beth Ann Root!

No comments:

Post a Comment