Monday, May 5, 2014

Letter from May 5th, 2014

Hey all!

Man, oh man, it's been a crazy busy week! I'm so completely exhausted, but it's so good to feel this way! We had transfer meeting, which was a little bit rough. It's the last transfer meeting where ALL of the missionaries could be together. Now transfer meeting is just going to be for the missionaries getting transferred. I had to say good bye to some peeps, and I only have a small handful of transfers left, so, I just kinda freaking out. But, it's ok, because I had A LOT to do right now, so I don't have to worry about it!

Wednesday, we ended up seeing SO many miracles! We found two new investigators, found several potentials, and passed out a lot of Book of Mormons. One of our new investigators, Kathleen, seems way interested. We met with her on Thursday and taught her the restoration, and she seemed to love it. We invited her to be baptized, and her response was, "Well, I've never been baptized before!" We're hoping when we meet with her again, we'll be able to get a solid date for her to work towards. It's exciting! We also met Leyna, who, literally opened the door, and was like, "Oh! Hi! Come on in!" She says she doesn't really know anything about the church, but that she and her family moved in about two or three months ago (her husband is in the military) and they haven't been able to find a church, yet. We're seeing her tomorrow, and we're excited to see what happens! Throughout the week, we've found a lot of other potentials that seem promising, and we're just really excited to see what's going to happen this transfer.

It's just incredible to see the blessings of the Lord. We haven't been doing anything different, or anything special, but the Lord has decided that it's time to just pour out His blessings. I can't wait!!

We also went on our first exchange as STLs. It was SO much fun! It was way last minute, but it was prompted by the spirit, and it all worked out. On Friday, we went on an exchange with Sister Crosby and Sister Allred. Sister Crosby was my STL for two transfers, when I was in Port Orchard, so it's kinda odd being her STL, now. So, Sister Bayles went to Lakewood with Sister Crosby, and Sister Allred came with me. Sister Allred came out a transfer after me, and she just got released from being an STL. She is way awesome, and I think I made a new eternal friend. I think this exchange - and probably all of them - was more for me than for Sister Allred. I learned a lot about what it means to be an STL, and I learned a lot just about being a missionary! Sister Allred is a WAY good missionary, and she inspired me.

I've decided that I have 3 goals for these exchanges that we're going on. 1: I want these sisters to know that I love them with all my heart, and they can trust me and Sister Bayles. 2: I want to inspire these sisters to be the best missionaries - and person - they can be - and to help them see that potential. and 3: I want them to come to love their missions even more.

Welp. Life is great. I love it! And we're going to be SO busy! It'll be awesome! I love you all! Thanks for everything you do! To all you mothers, have a happy Mother's Day!

Sister Beth Ann Root!

No comments:

Post a Comment