Monday, May 19, 2014

Letter from May 19th, 2014

ey all!

It's been a pretty good week. I ended up catching another cold. I just can't get away from them! And, just like last time, I ended up starting to get sick right at the end of an exchange; this time, though, I didn't give it to the sister I went with. I would have felt way bad, especially since we had another fireside this weekend, and singing with a cold is miserable. I pretty much shot my voice for today, but it was a miracle that my voice lasted the entire fireside! I was able to participate in my musical number good and strong!

It was a pretty rough week for us; investigators were dropping us left and right (ok, so...just a couple) and none of our appointments went through, and no one was home or wanted to talk to us when we stopped by. We were just struggling! Karin sent us a text and said that she wanted to continue to learn more, but was too busy with school and getting ready to move to Colorado at the end of this month. She'll continue to seek it out there, and that's AWESOME, but it was hard to lose such a promising investigator. So, we were going through the week, just kind of struggling for positive things, but then Friday was FILLED with miracles!

WE ended up finding a part member family, by trying to visit a less active on our ward list, who apparently has moved. But, that's ok, because we found Alyssa and Levi! They are looking for a church, because they've been through a lot the past couple years of their lives, and they recognize that they've been in bad places, doing bad things (for example...they're living together right now, engaged, but not married...but we'll work on that...:) ) but they want to overcome and turn to God. They recently moved in a couple months ago, and where they were living before, they were kind of casually talking to missionaries. It was a huge miracle for us, because Alyssa - who is the one who is a member - is way sweet, and just let us in immediately and wants to dive in with all of this.

we also heard back from Kathleen, who we haven't heard from in like a week and a half. She said she had been out of town, and wants to see us on Tuesday! And then we proceeded to schedule two other appointments with some flakier investigators. It was just a much needed boost to us. The work...slower, and we're not discouraged, we're just trying to figure out what we're supposed to be doing to be effective! We just keep putting ourselves out there, and hope something will come of it! And we keep seeing miracles, no matter how small they may be, so we know the Lord is working with us.

We went on another exchange this week - of course! :) - and I went with Sister Bishop. She's a greenie, and this is her second transfer. Oh my goodness, I've never met a greenie like her! I would have guessed she's been out 9 months! She was so composed, knew what she was doing, and just approached everything and everyone with confidence. It was kind of funny. At the end of our companionship study the next morning, right before we exchanged back, she was like, "So...is there anything else with this exchange?" It was like the only greenie thing to come from her mouth. It made me laugh. I was like, "Yep! It's pretty much just like any other day! I'm just hear to make sure you and Sister Cassell are doing ok!" It's nice; there's not much correction that I have to do. And I think that's what I like about exchanges, is that it really isn't different; it just gives the other sister - AND me, of course! - the opportunity to learn more. I love it!

Well...that's all I really have to say! It wasn't a too exciting week, until the weekend. But, that's ok. It can't all be exciting, or even that would get boring! Thanks for what all of you do for me! I love being out here, and the things I get to do and learn. I think that's one thing exchanges do for me, is that they remind me how awesome it is to be a missionary! Because I get to go with so many sisters who love this work and are here to serve God. It's the best! I love it! And I love you! Thank you!

Sister Beth Ann Root!

No comments:

Post a Comment