Monday, August 11, 2014

Letter from August 11th, 2014

Hey all!

Well, the transfer is officially halfway over...and it's really hard to wrap my head around. But, the Lord has blessed us tremendously! Tuesday we did an exchange, and it was the exchange of miracles! Sister Chipman came here with me, and we had a hoot! She been companions with several of my dear mission friends, so we had a good chat about how much we just love people. Sister Chipman is the epitome of sunshine and happiness. She is the color yellow! So we had a good time!

While with Sister Chipman, we visited Susan Emory. She is very determined to give up her addictions, and she set for her quit date for August 18th. As we were talking with her, we were able to put her on date for the 23rd! She is working towards it, is nervous, but just wants to be able to be baptized, and is diligently working towards it!

Then, while knocking doors, we knocked into a part member family. A couple who is about in their 70's. They moved into this apartment about 2 weeks before. The wife, Jeanette, is less active, but as we talked with them, she was like, "Yeah, I just kind of stopped coming to church, but I know it's the right thing to do, and I need to start coming back." Then, the husband Jerry, who isn't a member, talked about how when he was in his 20's he met with missionaries and the only reason why he wasn't baptized was because he didn't receive an answer that Joseph Smith was a prophet. We talked about that for just a little bit, and then invited him to take the lessons again, and he agreed. we invited them to church, and Jerry excitedly agreed to come - and came! During sacrament meeting, he asked me a couple of questions. I love when people ask questions, because it means they are thinking about things. We are now teaching them; SO cool!

One last miracle of the exchange really had nothing to do with anyone that we taught or that we found, but some of our conversations. We talked a little bit about love and charity. and the spirit was able to then teach me a lot; he opened my eyes a little bit. President Weaver used to say that the mantle of missionary work is love. I believe that is true. Actually, of any calling you receive, the mantle is love. I've begun to notice this especially as a Sister Training Leader. I am SO grateful I have been able to have this calling. It is the perfect way to end my mission, because I feel my heart changing the most, as I have the privilege to work with these sisters. My heart is filled with such great love. After each exchange, I come away have made a new friend, a friend whom I love and care for deeply. I want to help them, I seek for ways to serve them. It is so much deeper than many friendships I've had before. I just love these sisters! And I love my investigators, and the ward members we work with! I just love! I've made the decision that for these last couple of months, I want that to kind of be my theme. Just...love. I want to love a new person each day. I want to feel love for deeply for people each day. I just want to be able to love people stronger and more deeply.

I love this work. I'm so grateful to be here! I'm grateful for this opportunity I have to serve, and learn and change. It's so much more than I ever imagined. I will never be the same!

Thank you all for the things to do to help me and support me. I love you! Remember what is most important!

Sister Beth Ann Root!

No comments:

Post a Comment