Monday, July 29, 2013

Letter from July 29th, 2013

Hey all!

I hope everything is going well back home. It's been an amazing week! SO many miracles that we'll have to work hard to make sure they don't go to waste. It's been super good for us. But, first things first; if I don't say this now, I'll forget. As of right now, I can no longer write letters except on P-day. President Weaver has switched it because greenies have been having some struggles. I know that's the rule for most missions, but it kind of makes me sad...especially since we don't normally make time to write letters on Pdays! It's going to make them even busier! But, I guess we'll see what happens.

We had an exchange this week, on Tuesday, and that kind of sparked everything. I stayed here in Shelton and Sister Douros went to Lacey. While here, Sister Scott and I had amazing success. Things fell through, but we were able to find productive things to do. And that kind of paved the way for a really productive week. We've found more new investigators and had more lessons than we have had in a long time. It was AMAZING! Sister Douros and I were so pumped throughout the week! We've been doing really good at getting lessons on people's doorsteps while tracting, and I've gotten better at opening my mouth. I still need to do a little bit better, but I think I've made A LOT of progress, and that makes me happy!

Things with Erica are still...kind of at a standstill. Her ex-husband, when he found out Matthew, their son, wanted to move back with Erica, got really, really angry. He's going to make things difficult. And Erica made it clear that she's not getting baptized before Matthew; she doesn't want that to be held over her in any way in court, which is completely understandable. But, it just requires a lot more faith from her. Sister Douros and I have been praying SO hard that it will work out! We know it can, but if her faith isn't strong enough, then it won't happen. I just really want her to get baptized before I leave Shelton. I'm pretty sure I won't be here for another transfer, as much as I would love to be here ANOTHER transfer with Douros...but the odds of that happening are very, very slim.

I've also been having some minor health problems that I'm trying to figure out...not to worry anyone (really, Mom. Don't worry too much.). I've been getting fevers and headaches pretty regularly, and the past few days, it's been progressing into lightheadedness and dizziness. The fever even brought me chills a few times. I know it's not dehydration, so I'm trying to figure out what it could be. I think it might be connected to something with food. I've noticed that, after practically every meal, I get what I call food coma. I get really tired. Sister Douros makes fun of me for it, but when Erica heard about it, she mentioned it might be something with sugars and the way my body digests it, something along those lines. and, if that's true, that might be affecting the fever and the headaches and everything. I'm going to see what happens the next couple of days, and if nothing gets better, I'm going to call Sister Weaver to see what she suggests I do - she's in charge of the medical stuff. I'm just tired of this slowing us down, because I had to take it easy on Saturday because of it. Though, I may just have to tough it out! We'll just see!

I don't really have much else to say today...it's been a really good week, and we'll see how that transitions into this week. I love you all, and I'm so grateful for all of you support and love! Remember to send letters and emails when you can...;). Just remember that this missionary LOVES all of you! I'm learning so much out here, and it's been incredibly humbling each and every week as I think everything. I have SO much to learn, and so far to go, yet God still allows me to make differences in people's lives. Sister Douros pointed out yesterday that next transfer I'll hit my 6 month mark, and then I'll be 1/3 done with my mission...and that was SO weird to think about. I'm still not sure how I feel about that. I have so much work to do, so much to learn, to many people to teach, before I go home...I HAVE to put my all, every single day into this work!

I love you! Thanks for everything!

Sister Beth Ann Root!

No comments:

Post a Comment