Monday, August 19, 2013

Letter from August 19th, 2013

Hey all!

So, I'm getting transferred this week. It's crazy stuff!! It's hard to imagine being anywhere but Shelton. I'm really bummed to leave my peeps and Sister Douros. She truly has become one of my best friends, and I hope that I'll be able to have the same relationship with future companions. Anyways, I'll be in the Bremerton Zone, over the Southworth ward as well as the YSA ward. I'm SO excited to be over a YSA ward!! I've missed being in a YSA ward. They always have a special spirit about them - at least the ones in Flagstaff. It's going to be a blast. My new companion is going to be Sister Johnston, who's a greenie, like me. She came out the transfer after me. It's super weird to think about being with someone younger than me! It's actually a little bit intimidating...but she seems super awesome, and the area is flourishing. I think we'll see a lot of success there in Bremerton (well...Port Orchard...).

It's been a crazy week. Gerret wasn't baptized...but he's getting baptized this Saturday! So, I'm going to miss it, and that KILLS me! The kid has come such a long way, has made SO many changes. He really is like a new person, and is absolutely glowing. This is what the Atonement is all about! We also have another person on date for August 31, and he just popped up out of nowhere. Shelton is going to have a lot of success. I'm sad to leave it, and the amazing people here. I've come to love many of the ward members and I can't wait for when the time comes for me to see them again. But, I know that it's time to move on.

The teaching pool here in Shelton has shrunk a lot, but I'm sure Sister Douros and her new companion will be able to find some new investigators to teach. Shelton is going to grow SO much in the next little bit! They've had lots of baptisms recently. Bishop Heywood sent out an email and said Lazona ward has had quite of few baptisms recently. I think that is absolutely amazing!! And that Renee was finally able to be baptized! That made me so happy to hear! I wish I could have been there!

Last night, we were able to teach Erica about the temple, and it was the best! I can't wait until she is able to go through to receive her endowment. I'm going to be there, for sure! and it will be the best. The temple is awesome. I honestly wish I could go there all the time; I wish it wasn't out of the mission boundaries. It's been almost 4 months since I went last time, and, honestly, that feels like an eternity. I hope all of you, that can, are going regularly. I don't want to be all preachy, but seriously. It's amazing! Last night, I asked Erica what she thought about the temple, after teaching her about it, and she said, "I feel like it's God's Club. And I want in!" It's kind of made me chuckle...but, although it's not like we're elitists - we want everyone to be able to go, you just have to meet certain requirements! - going to the temple can bring us closer to God, and that's fantastic! And we SHOULD want in! That should be our desire! Because the temple is the BEST! I'm homesick for the temple!

Anyways, keep me in your prayers this week. I'm stressing a bit about transferring - I'm excited, and know it will be good, but, let's face it, I always worry and get stressed. :)

Love you all! Thanks for the love and support you give me!

Sister Beth Ann Root!

No comments:

Post a Comment