Monday, August 26, 2013

Letter from August 26th, 2013

Hey all!

So, I know this is later than normal...the Port Orchard library doesn't open until 1 on Mondays. It's terribly inconvenient! but, that's ok. Sister Johnston, my new companion, is AMAZING!! We have quickly grown to love each other a lot. We work really well together, and it's amazing to feel the spirit that comes from our faith, dilligence, and testimonies. It's going to be a transfer full of miracles! She's from Ohio and is an only child, so we come from pretty different backgrounds, but, truly, it's amazing to see how the Gospel unifies people. She actually reminds me a bit of Amy...which might be why I like her so much. In just the past 6 days, we've had some pretty incredible spiritual experiences. She is going to be a driving force in the success of this mission. Remember who she is, because I'm pretty sure she's going to be quite well known in the church in the next 30-40 years!

Port Orchard reminds me a bit of Shelton. It's po-dunk, in the boonies, but it's not quite as...dark. But, it's seems pretty...stuck. Whcih can quickly turn into darkness. Sister Johnston and I have a great vision for this area, though. We have set the inspirted goal of 7 baptisms this transfer. We realize this is a HUGE number, and to be quite honest, I don't know if it iwll happen! But, I know it CAN. I know it is possible. And, I know that if I continue to act in faith - if WE continue to act in faith - praying, working hard, and striving to follow the guidance of the spirit, the Lord can provide the way to make this possible. I would ask all of you who read this, whether on the email or the blog, to join us in prayers so that we can reach this goal. Be specific with the Lord! That way He can give specific answers! :) The Southworth ward needs a little bit of...fire going, but I believe we can light that fire. I believe that is why Sister Johnston and I are together in this area. We are here to light a fire. You know, the scriptures talk a lot about the Lord's work. His work. And...it's all the spreading forth of the Gospel. That is His work. Moses 1:39 states that! "For behold, this is my work and my glory, to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." That is what the Gospel is for, and that is why we are supposed to share it, whether as full time missionaries, or every day missionaries.

I have a challenge for you all - more specifically my family. There's a book that some of you might have heard of. It's called, "The Power of Everyday Missionaries." I want all of you to read this book and then apply it! There are so many ways and opportunities for you all to share the Gospel, no matter where you are at in life! I promise you this! I know some of you have concerns about money, or the state of your family, or the state of your SANITY! BUT. You have the truth. You guys have seen its power in your life. You have felt the power of the Atonement. Please, please, PLEASE don't keep it to yourself. I have seen the mighty change of heart happen more than once. I've seen people who have been in darkness just glow, and EXUDE the most wonderful Light that comes from understanding and applying the Atonement. So, share it. In any way you can. I know it can be hard - trust me. I'm that shy, awkward girl who has trouble talking to strangers, even still! I would struggle to open my mouth about what was most important to me to some of my closest friends. But that's so, so silly. Because this is the Truth. It is THE way to God. To everlasting life. To neverending happiness. And sharing the Gospel is a commandment!

I'm not trying to scold any of you. I realize that my shyness and introvert tendencies don't make me the best example. But, I see the struggle of missionaries finding people to teach without the ward's help. It's hard! Tracting is getting harder and harder! President Weaver said it himself, to me in my interview with him. And he LOVES to have us tracting. The Southworth ward fights against us tracting from 5-7 as President has vehemently asked us to do diligently, but the problem is...they aren't doing anything to make it so we don't have to. We're really really busy, but not very much of it is because of what the Southworth ward - or teh YSA ward - has given us. Which just proves to President that we need to continue doing our 5-7s. I guarentee you, each and everyone of you, if you let the Lord work through you, He WILL place someone in your path or give you the opportunity to share the Gospel in some way, shape, or form. And, it will be SO woth it!

I love you all! Thank you for all your love and support. I love being out here. I love who I'm becoming. I love being able to serve the Lord. I love seeing His miracles. I love the people I get to meet. I love this SO much! It's worth it all. It's worth everything I might have had to give up or I might miss out on. Because I get to participate in the work of eternity. I get to help prepare the world for the Second Coming. I love this SO much!

I love you all! Heavenly Father is truly sending forth blessings upon you. Don't forget to try to recognize them!

Sister Beth Ann Root!

No comments:

Post a Comment