Monday, September 9, 2013

Letter from September 9th, 2013

Hey all!

How's life? We had a pretty good week this week! There were a few rough patches, but it turned out to be really good. We went on exchanges on Friday, and Sister Johnston went to Tacoma and Sister Crosby came here to Port Orchard. We had fun. Sister Crosby is from Mesa! She graduated from Westwood. Haha we had a nice chat about things. I think I might make the effort to hang out with her when we're both home from the mission. :) But, I learned a lot from her. She's a very bold missionary, and I never realized how...not bold I was, sometimes. So, that's definitely something I want to start working on! I've already noticed a slight difference as I've been knocking on doors.

We had a Zone Conference on Thursday, and it was AMAZING! Sister Weaver talked about us being superheroes. It was pretty sweet. I might be using an Avengers bookmark in my Book of Mormon right now to remind me...haha. But really! We as members of the church really do have this incredible power. We're superheroes! It's the best!!

While on the exchange with Sister Crosby, we found this man named Bart. He is a miracle, and he is totes getting baptized! I'm so excited! We taught him a mini resto on his doorstep, and taught him again on Saturday and Sunday. It was so good! He came to the adult session of stake conference on Saturday evening. (Stake Conference was a broadcast for the entire state, as well as Alaska. It was pretty cool. Elder Pretty and Elder Hales both spoke.) I'm really excited to be able to teach him, because he is SO ready. Things are beginning to move forward in our areas. I'm really excted.

Well, I don't have much else to say, I think. Just that, I love you! The Gospel is awesome. I'm SO glad to be out here. :) It truly is an incredible work. It's so worth everything I experience.

I love you all! Thanks for everything you do!

Sister Beth Ann Root!

No comments:

Post a Comment