Monday, October 21, 2013

Letter from October 21st, 2013

Hey all!

It's been another awesome week! It was SUPER crazy, SUPER stressful, and both Sister Johnson and I had our moments of crankiness...but it was AMAZING! On Friday, we had the amazing privilege of seeing two people baptized - one in the Southworth ward, and one in the YSA ward - and then, yesterday, we were able to see them confirmed. Grace Teeters and Taylor Murphy are some of the newest members of the Church! It was crazy getting them ready, and we had a lot of...adventures Friday, before the baptism. BUT, everything was amazing when it came time for the baptisms. Especially Taylor's! His baptism was the smoothest baptism I've ever seen done. No hiccups, no complications, no crazy things happening to cause Sister Johnson and I stress, and it was a well attended baptism. It pretty much was awesome.

Friday, Sister Johnson and I had the opportunity to sing at a funeral. The week before, our ward mission leader suggested that we visit a family, who's wife/mother was passing away. Sister Johnson and I have been working on a few hymns that we could sing at members' homes, just to fill them with the spirit, and when he mentioned this family, Sister Johnson received the impression that we needed to sing Jesus, Lover of My Soul. It turns out Sister Dorich loved music, and although she wasn't exactly...conscious when we were there, the family had us sing it to her. Afterwards, we were asked to sing it at the funeral as well. It was a sweet experience. I still don't like funerals...because of the feelings that permeate there. The active members of the family, though they were sad, still carried a measure of joy with them, but those who were less-active, it just hurt to be around them. But, that's why we're here, as missionaries! To heal up the broken hearts, and I hope that song was able to help them, in some way. (Also, it's super awesome to be able to sing with Sister Johnson. She has an INCREDIBLE voice. It's actually a little bit intimidating to sing with her, but our voices blend really well together. So it's fun!)

So, yeah. It's been a crazy week, prepping for two baptisms, singing at a funeral, being missionaries 'n stuff. But it's as awesome as ever! I truly feel myself just becoming a completely different person. I was reading Alma 26 and 27 this morning, and I just had this complete amazement at the difference these chapters mean to me now than they did about a year ago. I'm beginning to do things for the right reasons, and in the right manner, and so much more...fully than I was before. And I don't want to stop! I want to be able to keep going like this after I go home!

Things just continue to be going so good! We're struggling to find new people to teach, but the few people we are teaching are just continuing to progress! Both Aydan and Steve are on date for the 9th! Aydan - he's the 9 year old - is getting more and more excited, and Steve is becoming more and more sure of himself IN the Gospel. It's the best! AND yesterday was the Primary Program, and a young woman brought her friend to church. Her friend turned to her in the middle of the program and said she wanted to be baptized! Hopefully we'll be able to begin to start teaching her, and everything will go well with her parents. It pretty much was one of the best things ever to get this note in the middle of sacrament meeting that said, "My non-member friend just said she wanted to be baptized!" It was SWEET!! and we did absolutely nothing! It was just because someone invited their friend, and the spirit was able to work. that's all it takes! AHH!! It's the best!

I seriously love this work so much! I'm so glad to be out here, serving. This Gospel is true - I see proof of it everyday. I'm convinced, and I don't plan on turning from it, ever! I love it! I love you all! Thanks for everything you do!

Sister Beth Ann Root!

No comments:

Post a Comment