Monday, October 28, 2013

Letter from October 28th, 2013

Hey all!

Another crazy week, here in Port Orchard! Things have begun to pick up, and it's going to be a crazy intense couple of weeks. We've begun to receive a lot of referrals, especially in the YSA ward (so proud of those YSAs!) and it's made for super busy weeks. I don't know how we're going to survive this week; I'm already getting stressed because of it, but I know that through lots of prayer and through faith, I'll get through it, and it'll be a FANTASTIC week!

Steve Melton has made HUGE progress this week! We didn't even get to meet with him at all, because he was sick, but on Sunday he came to church - and sat by us, because his wife is out of town - and in the beginning of sacrament, Sister Johnson wrote a little note, telling him to pay attention to the spirit, because it'd whisper messages just for him. Today, after sacrament meeting, he said that he was confident about being baptized on the 9th, and that because of that note, he was able to receive the confirming answers he needed. He is SUPER solid! Way more solid than he was before! So cool! And, of course, we're working hard with our other investigators. Three others are on date - two for the 9th, and one for the 16th, though one on the 9th is probably going to be pushed back, though we don't know for sure when. But, we have a decent sized teaching pool, and ALL of them are solid!

It really has been incredible to see all the miracles happening, all the changes. The members are just getting more and more excited and more and more eager to help. Southworth has been struggling to baptized, but since June, they've had 3 - two of them with me here. Their goal for the year is 15. I want to do all I can to help them reach that goal! It means getting 12 more baptisms in the next 2 months. But...goals are inspired, right? And, with Heavenly Father doing the heavy lifting, it's totally possible! If you all could help by specifically praying for this to happen, I'd really appreciate it. Crazy things are happening in Southworth, and I want this area to see success, even after I leave! Because these members are AWESOME and just ready to welcome people into the fold!

Also, if you could continue to pray that Sister Johnson and I remain companions for another transfer...that'd be awesome! President Weaver pretty much told Sister Johnson she'd be staying until she went home (she has two transfers left...but we don't talk about that...) and he hinted that I might be staying another transfer...but that's less certain. We keep making plans to do musical numbers and stuff for the next transfer...and we both get along really well, and I really want to stay with her another transfer, and I really want to continue to work in these two wards, and help the work progress. I know that it's what the Lord wants...but I know that He also answers the righteous desires of our hearts so...here's to hoping! :)

Things really are going great. We have had a few adventures; last night, a dog bit Sister Johnson (and then promptly ran away, which is good, because I probably would have done not nice things to it). Luckily, it didn't break the skin, but it shook her up a bit; she already was a little bit nervous about dogs. Just another thing you guys could specifically pray about that I would appreciate, that the dogs will stay away or be gentle. They don't ever both me - in fact, they like to jump on me and lick me to death, usually - but I just don't want dogs freaking anyone else out.

Thank you so much for all you do, for the love and support that all of you have shown and given. I really do love it out here, and I'm learning everyday. It's not easy, of course, but I'm so grateful to be out here. Have a great week, and remember to read the Book of Mormon everyday! (No, really. Do it. It's pretty awesome what happens when you make that effort. You WILL be happier, even if things aren't easier.) I love you all!

Sister Beth Ann Root!

No comments:

Post a Comment