Monday, November 4, 2013

Letter from November 4th, 2013

Hey all!

Port Orchard library is back open...which is actually more inconvenient. I hate having to wait for 1:00 to email! And this computer is kinda slow...it's driving me a tad bit crazy. But...I guess I'm just meant to practice patience...

This week was a bit of an odd week...We have a new super solid investigator for the YSA ward! His name is Logan Knap! He came to church last Sunday with his friend, Rose, and we taught him on Friday, and put him on date to be baptized on the 26th. He is so ready. When we invited him to be baptized, he was like, "Yeah! Of course!" All he has to do is gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon, and he'll be super solid! And he'd said he'd read and pray, so Sister Johnson and I aren't to worried! TJ, though, the one in the YSA ward who is on date for the 16th...we have a few worries about. He hasn't come to church since we taught him the first time, and he doesn't seem too...committed. He loves everything we're teaching him, but I think he just doesn't understand the...commitment that is required. i mean, the whole point is to become more like our Heavenly Father, so it's not like you can just be baptized and continue living your life the way you were before. Life changes are needed - for everyone! Everyday! So. we're trying to figure out what he needs and how we can help him gain that understanding.

Aydan, in the Southworth ward got pushed back to the 30th. He wants his uncle to baptize him, and so we have to wait till Thanksgiving. He's pretty bummed out about it, and so are his grandparents - and so are we! - but, I think it might be better for his Mom. We still haven't had a chance to actually meet her, because I think she's afraid we're going to make her feel guilty for not being active...so it might give us a chance to meet her, and help build a bond with her. And hopefully encourage her to come to church with Aydan! And Steve is super solid. He's getting baptized this Saturday, and we're SO excited! Not worried about him at all!

Tuesday was fun. We had an exchange, and I went to Kitsap Lake - which actually is in our zone. I went with Sister Crosby, who I had been on exchange with last transfer. It was kind of weird, because I haven't been on exchange with her companion, so it was unexpected to go with her again. But, it was such a good experience! It's funny how quickly you can come to love someone.And, in the end, having been with her before was super good, because than she could actually see the changes I've made, and the growth that has happened. It was really good for me; it gave me a confidence boost, and helped me see that I actually AM improving. I learned a lot from that exchange, about myself, and about how I can be a better missionary - and a better companion. It was super awesome. I hope I get the chance to serve with Sister Crosby - for longer than 24 hours! haha! But, she lives like...7 minutes away from our house in Mesa. so we'll get to play when we're home. :) Maybe I'll send her over when she goes home - but that won't be for awhile. She just barely hit her halfway mark.

Halloween was pretty cool. We literally did nothing. We did our weekly planning, had our zone meeting, and then just hung out with our zone. We watched Ephriam's Rescue - arranged by President and sister Weaver. And then, we went home! We weren't allowed out, for our safety. So, we went from home to church building to home. It was and odd day, and it actually took me a little while to kinda recover from it. But, it was fun to hang out with the zone! And the movie was SO good! Watch it, if you haven't!

But...all in all, it's been a good week. Full of teaching and the spirit! And, as always, I feel myself learning and growing. My testimony of my Savior increases all the time, and I know it's such a blessing to me to be here. I only hope I am blessing others' lives. And Sister Johnson and I are ALWAYS having fun! She puts up with me when I am cranky, and I try to make sure she doesn't go into a diabetic coma. It's fun! Haha but really. We find out this Saturday what's happening with transfers, so we're going to make the most of this week, in case we don't stay together next transfer. though, I hope we do!

I love you all! Thank you so much for all that you do! I hope this week brings you wonderment and joy! Love, love, love!

Sister Beth Ann Root!

No comments:

Post a Comment