Monday, November 25, 2013

Letter from November 25th, 2013

Hey all!

It's been a pretty good week! We had exchanges, Zone Conference and then we had the wonderful opportunity to have an apostle come and talk with us. It was Elder Neil L Anderson. It was a really neat experience, one that I'm sure I will treasure for forever. So, it was a very spiritual week. Plus, I love getting to spend time with other missionaries. It always gets me pretty pumped.

We're still struggling a little bit with our teaching pool. I guess people here don't really want to talk with missionaries...but we've been trying to visit a lot of less actives. That's still hard work, and often hit or miss, but we're doing what we can. There's an awesome recent convert here, though. She's fantastic, and I think she might be my new favorite member. She's been baptized for almost a year, and is preparing for the temple. She's been through a lot, but she has a lot of strength and a lot of faith, and NOTHING is swaying her from what she knows is right. She has a lot of deep questions, and a lot of questions about random doctrinal things, so I just reminded her to go back to the basics. That, as she goes back to the answers she's received about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith, and the church, all other things will fall into place. As she continually reads the Book of Mormon and other scriptures, she'll gain greater understanding, maybe not in the timing she desires, but God will always answer her questions. She's just a really neat person, and it was a good reminder of the importance of the basics. You HAVE to have a testimony of the Savior, that God loves you, the Book of Mormon, and Joseph Smith if you're going to withstand the buffetings of Satan, and his persuassions to pull you away from the church. But, in reality it all goes down to the Savior. That's waht Elder Anderson talkeda bout, and a very powerful experience to hear an apostle's witness about the divinity of Jesus Christ, and that He truly does live.He said that is what we teach. That should be our focus. Everything else will fall into place. He promised us that as wwe seal the testimony of our Savior into our hreats, nothing will be able to sway us from our testimony of Joseph Smith, or anything else. Because Christ is the cornerstone to everything this Church is.The end. That's it. There's nothing else.No other message more important. Actually, there IS no other mesage. The Restoration would be NOTHING without the Savior.

I know this isn't a very long email. But, much of what I have learned this week is just that. Jesus Christ is everything. I wish I could sing it for all the world to hear. I wish I could open up my heart so people would hear the music of my heart that expresses my love and gratitude for the Savior, because mere words just don't cut it. They can't express even a hundreth part of what I feel for my Brother Jesus Christ. That's been the message I've been sharing with members this week. Just my love for teh Savior, and grateful I am to have the opportunity to be here, sharing itwith others!

You guys, Jesus Christ lives. His Atonement is for everyone, and encompasses anything and everything you might feel or experience in this life. IT's beautiful. I love it. I love Him. I'm so grateful for Him. Words just can't express it. I want all of you who read this to know that. He suffered for YOU. He loves YOU. If you're unsure of that, if you're feeling unloved, lost, alone, afraid, or weak, He is there. IF you don't believe it, furself that it's Open up the scriptures, read about Him, and pray. Through this process, you will be able to find our for yourself, and you will be able to feel His love. Because it's real. I know it! I've felt it! there's nothing better that I could share!

I love you all. Thanks for everything you do. Remember your Savior during this time. He loves you! I love you!

Sister Beth Ann Root!

No comments:

Post a Comment