Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Letter from November 12th, 2013

Hey all!

It's been a...sad few days. But also quite joyful! Saturday night, I got the transfer call...and I'm leaving these two wonderful wards and my wonderful companion. I can't help but still be bummed out about it. I'm heading to Silverdale, and my new companion will be Sister Stokes - we actually came out together. From what I've seen, she's a very quite person. Quieter than me! So, we'll see how this goes. But, I'm optimistic! Just...still bummed out that I'm leaving. But, it's in the Lord's hands.

This weekend, we had the amazing privilege of seeing Steve Melton baptized. It was a very powerful program. The spirit was SO strong! Sister Johnson sang "Oh Lord, My Redeemer" (thanks, Mom for sending the music!) and it was a really neat experience being able to accompany for her. It's hard to explain...but it was different than any other time I have accompanied someone singing. the spirit was just very present. It really was an amazing baptism.

Then, just last night, after home evening with the YSAs, TJ had his baptismal interview and he passed. I don't know if that sounds like a big deal or not...but TJ is amazing. He is a little bit handicapped - he has to walk with a walker - and he lived out in Port Ludlow, which is about an hour away from Port Orchard (the area for the YSA ward is HUGE!!) so it's been really difficult to see him and teach him. Often times, it's for short 20 or 30 minute lessons after YSA activities. But, seeing him walk outside from the interview, with a huge grin on his face, and having the district leader walk up to Sister Johnson and I afterwards, and say, "Yep. He is so ready." It was a wonderful moment. TJ had a few concerns, and his response was, "I just want to be sure I do the right thing." Sometimes it's been like pulling teeth with him, so it's been amazing to see him just turn to Christ, and make these commitments, and have these righteous desires. It's SO hard leaving before he gets baptized - this Saturday! GAH! I feel like Heavenly Father is testing a little bit of my willingness with this transfer.

We also had a sweet lesson with our new investigator in the YSA ward, Logan. We taught him the Plan of Salvation, and the spirit was very strong. He shared some things with us - he's lived a hard life, where he's made a few wrong choices - and then shared how he desires to do the right thing. Then, when he gave the closing prayer, it was one of the most sincere and sweetest prayers I've ever heard. He just simply said, "Thank you for this knowledge that will help me be with you, my family, and my friends for forever." It was so sweet. I'm SO sad I don't get to continue teaching him, either! Or see him baptized!

AND Aydan Summers! Our little 9 year old. He's started reading the Boom of Mormon on his phone (it's just the phone. He can't text or make calls on it. he just has teh apps) and he loves it! He's changed so much and I'm so sad I can't continue to teach him, too! But, his grandparents keep asking me if I can come back for his baptism - his grandfather even said Sister Johnson and I should sing at it. I'll have to talk to President Weaver (he'll probably say yes) but, I want to make sure that it comes from Aydan, if I'm going to be coming back. It's really hard to come back into an old area, but if the investigator wants it, I'll totally be there!

well, that's all I have to share from this week. Like I said, I'm bummed about this transfer...but I'm excited to see what the Lord has in store for me! It's going to be good. I love you all! thanks or everything! Keep me in your prayers - and all of these investigators, and these wards! I'm sad to be leaving, but I hope and pray these wards continue to flourish! They have changed SO much since 3 months ago. It's crazy! I love them. SO much. And I love all of you!!

Sister Beth Ann Root!

No comments:

Post a Comment