Monday, November 18, 2013

Letter from November 18th, 2013

Hey all!

Well, it's been my first week in the Silverdale 6th ward. The area here is a lot slower than what I'm used to, so it's a bit of an adjustment...But I'm determined to get it to start picking up! A lot of our investigators are "eternals" - meaning, they've been taught for a really long time. So, it looks like we've really got to start kicking them into action, or start finding some new, solid investigators. The hard part about that, is, there's another set of missionaries in this ward, so this area has been tracted out A LOT. Apparently people get missionaries at their door about every other month. Most people are friendly...but only friendly enough to say, "Don't freeze out there!" and close the door. It's a rough adjustment to the hustle and bustle of being over two wards and trying to figure out who we had time to meet with!

I did have the wonderful privlege of going back to Port Orchard to see TJ baptized, on Saturday. Friday night, Sister Johnson texted me and asked me if I'd be able to give the talk on baptism - apparently none of the YSAs were available, or they couldn't get ahold of any. So, I called President Weaver to ask for permission. Apparently the Brethren have asked for missionaries to no longer leave their areas for baptisms, but he said since I was asked to give the talk, he'd let me go. It was such a tender mercy for me. Friday had been a hard day for me. I was stressed, and everything had fallen through, and no body seemed to want to listen. So, to have that was a blessing. And then, going on Saturday just filled me with the spirit! I am so grateful I was able to see TJ baptized. It was such a blessing to be able to teach him and to see his desire to do what's right and follow the Savior, so being able to be there to see him step through that gate of baptism was the best! It did my heart good. Plus, it was a treat to be able to see Sister Johnson. I truly have come to love Sister Stokes, already, but the bond Sister Johnson and I formed is a very sweet and special one. So I was grateful for that chance to see her, just for a bit.

This Saturday, we're going to have the privilege of hearing one of the 12 apostles speak to us. We don't know which, yet, and I'm sure I'll have lots to tell you next week about it, but I'm pumped about it! Plus, there's zone conferences this week, too! (Where I'll get to see Sister Johnson, too. Woot! And Sister Douros! It'll be a fun time.)

Well, I don't have much else to say to you guys. Just, keep supporting me with prayers. I love you all, and am grateful for all that you do! (Congrats, Amy and Stephen, to having little Eli! So happy for you!) I love you all so much!

Sister Beth Ann Root!

No comments:

Post a Comment