Monday, December 2, 2013

Letter from December 2nd, 2013

Hey all!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! It was pretty fun, here. The relief soctiety president had us over - and by us, I mean ALL the missionaries in the ward. Which is 8. There are two sets of missionaries - elders and sisters - and then the spanish missionaries in the stake (which is a recent thing) have kind of joined themselves to our ward - there isn't even a spanish branch, so they need kind of a place to actually bring investigators, when they have them - and then, there's a senior missionary couple that also lives in our ward boundaries. So, there was a lot of us, and that was fun! We came home stuffed! And then, as a treat, I let myself go to bed an hour early. I've been super tired all this week, so it was just a nice little thing to do for myself. We weren't allowed to proselyte Thanksgiving; we just went around a visited a few members, so we got home a little bit early, and planning went quick...so I just went to bed! It was nice.

Not much is really going on here. We're struggling to find new people to teach, and we just dropped an investigator. It was really hard to do, but he had pretty much said that he wasn't going to change. He just liked learning new things. Unfortunately, that's not our purpose! He has been taught for a year, so it's kinda past the missionaries teaching him just so he can learn new things. He wasn't progressing, which, unfortunately, meant that by spending time with him, we weren't able to fulfill our purpose as missionaries. It was really hard. I hate dropping investigators.

The highlight of the week: Friday, I was able to go to Port Orchard again! It kind of was a suprise to me! Aydan Summers' baptism was Friday night, and I had originally been asked to sing at it, but then I got transferred. I didn't think President Weaver would let me go back AGAIN since I had already been back for one baptism, but, through a member calling him, and then Sister Johnson convincing me to call him, too, he said I could go. It was such a treat for me to be able to sing If the Savior Stood Beside Me with Sister Johnson - the last time I sung that was at a baptism with Amy! It was pretty cool. And, Aydan's baptism was just so very sweet. As he came up out of the water, he had the biggest grin on his face. He was just glowing! Aydan is a very special kid. I can't wait for him to get the priesthood in a few years. He's going to be amazing. It was nice to be able to participate in a baptism the same weekend Elena was baptized. Sweet tender mercies from the Lord! :)

It's kind of odd. It hasn't really been too rainy. It's been cold, for sure, but not much rain! Someone said it was the driest November ever! I know Washington needs its rain...but it'd sure be nice if it wasn't too rainy when we're out tracting, 5-7 each day! I've liked the weather, mostly. It's just cold. But, that's ok. There are worse things!

Sorry, I don't have much else to say...there's not much going on, though we're trying! But, I truly am glad to be out here. Even as I think about what might be going on back home, and I might get a little bit sad, I still think of how there is no where else I would rather be. I can't even fathom being home right now. I love it here in the WA-TAC, even when it's hard! I love the people here, I love being iwth missionaries, and it's truly a joy to be serving the Lord in this capacity. I am so blessed! Thank you all for doing what you do to make it possible for me to be out here. I love you all! Remember that happiness comes from the Gospel of Jesus Christ, because it's through living it, that we gain access to the Atonement. And the Atonement brings us happiness; it doesn't necessarily mean that we will have our sorrows or hardships taken away, but that we can be lifted up to find joy in the journey - as well as joy in the destination. Both are important!

I love you all! Have a fantastic week! Happy December! Christmas is coming!!

Sister Beth Ann Root!

No comments:

Post a Comment