Monday, December 23, 2013

Letter from December 23rd, 2013

Hey all!

Merry Christmas! ah, man, I'm so excited for Christmas! It's gonna be the best! Sorry this email is later than normal; we were having adventures with the sisters in our zone. AKA, we went to the mall that's here in Silverdale. It wasn't exactly super fun for me...but I tolerated it on Sister Bevan's behalf. And it's nice to pretend to be social and stuff. By teh way. Sister Bevan is NUTS! She's super hilarious, and we just have a ball, every single day! But, not only is she absolutely crazy, she also is a really solid missionary, and I love being able to serve with her. It's going to be a really awesome transfer, and I know I'm going to learn and grow a lot.

It's funny what having a new companion can do; Sister Bevan entered the area with enthusiasm and optimism, and it helped get me more pumped up than I had been. We both have this vision for the area, and we're willing to work our behinds off to see it fulfilled; Sister Stokes is a great missionary. I'm bagging on her, but she had been in this area for awhile, and sometimes in slower areas, you kinda get inthe mindset that it's not going to be different. I started sinking into that, so it's great having a companion who isn't ok with thinking like that. As crazy as she is, she truly is focused on the work; she wants to do what the Lord desires, and she wants the success that the Lord has planned for this area. It's going to be a bomb transfer, and I can't wait to see what happens!

We officially have Lorna's baptism set up for this Saturday. She's so amazing! she is so ready; her testimony is beautiful, and her gratitude for us is humbling. She asked me to give the talk on baptism; I've never been so touched to be asked to do something. Lorna literally was just dropped into our laps. All we've done is teach her, which is never the hard part of missionary work. Yet, she thanks us all the time for what we are doing. She even prays for us! Sister Bevan and I are also singing a musical number for the baptism. Much to Sister Bevan's dismay, but she's good, so I convinced her to sing with me. :)

Well...I realize this is pretty short. I don't know what else to say! My heart is filled with gratitude, this week. Heavenly Father makes evident His love for me, every day. I just have to open my eyes to see it! And, honestly, it is hard being away from home, this time of year. But, I'm surrounded by people who love me, even if they aren't my family. I have this wonderful opportunity to be serving the Lord, this Christmas season. And, most importantly, I am growing in understanding of who my Savior really is. He is real. He really lives. He loves me. I love Him.

This really is the best. Missions are the greatest! I love being out here! I get to learn so much, and I get to see my potential more fully and completely than I think I would have in any other way. Christ lives. He really does. He loves me. He loves you. I know this. I feel it. It's true!

I hope you all have a very merry Christmas! I love you all!

Sister Beth Ann Root!

No comments:

Post a Comment