Monday, October 7, 2013

Letter from October 7th, 2013

Hey all!

It's been another amazing week. My new companion and I, Sister Johnson, are getting along great! She's super awesome. We've been working hard, and things have just been exploding! I don't even know what happened, but I guess this area just needed Sister Johnson! Things are really picking up, and I hope they stay this way. We have two investigators on date for the 19th. We're SO excited. One of them is Grace Teeters; I think I've mentioned her before. She's older, and has been pretty...hesitant about coming to church, but yesterday, she watched the morning session of conference! And she loved it! We're so excited! But, we know it will be harder to get her to actually come to church, but we're working on how we can best get her to come!

And then, yesterday, we just taught an amazing referral from the YSA ward. The member, Andrew, is a fantastic member missionary - he just asked us for 5 copies of the Book of Mormon to keep on hand, so he can pass them out - and has prepared this kid SO well. His name is Taylor Murphy, and I'm so excited for this kid! We taught him for the first time and put him on date for the 19th. He is so ready, so excited, and the spirit is just working in him! It's the best!

Pretty much, it's going to be a fantastic transfer. Sister Johnson is going to be really good for me. I have been realizing that I really need to work on being more loving, and Sister Johnson is SO full of love. There's also a whole lot that I can learn from her. She's been out a little bit over a year - this is her third to last transfer - so she has a lot of experience and is a really hard worker - and loves the work! AND she sings! We can sing together! It's the best! We're putting together a number that we can sing when we visit members, to bring the spirit into their homes. We're SUPER excited. It's going to be awesome.

All in all, I really am just loving this work. It truly is the best. This work is amazing - this Gospel is amazing! I LOVED General Conference this weekend. I had so many questions answer, and I feel all the more prepared to just face the world and conquer. And that's what the point of the Gospel is! To help us conquer. I love it. I love the spirit and the power it gives me. I'm so pumped for this week. It's going to be aweosme - it'll probably be really hard, because of all the good things going on, but I'm so pumped to face it!

I love you all! Thanks for everything. For the support and the love. It means a lot, and I'm always so grateful for the prayers and the love that I feel. Hope ya'll have a fantastic week! Love you!

Sister Beth Ann Root!

No comments:

Post a Comment