Monday, September 15, 2014

Letter from September 15th, 2014

Hey all!

Well, this is the transfer of miracles! Every transfer, and every day we are blessed with miracles. But, this transfer in particular, Sister Fowkes and I have already been blessed with many mighty miracles. Last email, I had said that Susan had fasted for a baptismal date, and the answer she received was, "Soon." So, Monday night, we go and visit her, and she starts looking at her calendar and asks us, "can we do it this Sunday? Is that allowed?" Susan Emory was baptized Sunday, September 14th at 6:30 in the evening. My heart was so full, and the spirit was so strong. Susan is on fire and full of the spirit. I've never seen someone so excited for baptism - or seen someone who worked so hard to be baptized. She worked against the spirit for a little while there, but once she started stepping in sync with it, she progressed quickly, overcame many challenges and addictions, and just blossomed. She was glowing last night! I literally don't have words to express the feelings in my heart, to express the incredible joy to know that Susan has chosen a more excellent way, as Moroni puts it. Susan makes my heart happy!

And Jerry is still so excited for his baptism! He just glows with excitement and loves to study the scriptures. He expresses his gratitude each time we see him for the fact that he has a group of people he can now worship with and whose views are aligned with his. And his wife, every time we come over says how it was such a miracle that we knocked on their down. Jerry is SO elect. God truly prepares His people. He just expects us to be in the right place at the right time. He expects us to be worthy of those promptings and to act quickly on them. Because by doing so, we become worthy to receive miracles - not that we ever do anything to earn miracles, but He expects us to be worthy to receive them when He sends them down to us.

It's been humbling to work with Sister Fowkes, and to see her constant positive attitude, her hope, and her drive to always do what the spirit prompts her to do. We had about 15 minutes before an appointment and she was like, "let's go knock a few doors on this street!" and I wasn't too thrilled by this idea. The 3rd house we come to there was a less active member who had just days before been talking to his girlfriend - who was there as well- about how they should start going to church. His girlfriend has a daughter who has been considering going to church with her Mormon friend. God's timing is perfect, and there are no coincidences.

Sister Fowkes wanted to knock this apartment complex that was full of cranky people last time I knocked it, and I didn't really want to knock it. But, we grudgingly went, and we found multiple new investigators that night. I'm learning a lot about just doing things, even if it doesn't seem appealing, or if it doesn't seem fruitful to you - because if the spirit prompts it, nothing else matters!

I love this work. I love being here! God continues to bless me so much with things to learn! thank you for all that you do to support me here! I love you all!

Sister Beth Ann Root!

No comments:

Post a Comment