Monday, September 8, 2014

Letter from September 8th, 2014

Hey all!

Man oh man, it has been the week 1 to trump all week 1's! I have seen more miracles than I can count. The Lord has been so good to me. As I went to bed last night, I couldn't comprehend all that has happened in the last 7 days. This last transfer is going to be AMAZING!

First, I have to say, Sister Fowkes is exactly what I needed to finish off my mission strong. Heavenly Father's plan is perfect. We are a lot a like in many ways, but we also have different strengths and weaknesses, and I have already learned a lot. I'm excited for what the next 5 weeks will bring!

Jerry Whitman is just as awesome as ever! They are going out of town next week, and Jeanette, his wife, was saying that they might have to push back his baptism, but Jerry started shaking his head the minute she suggested it. He is SO excited, and SO prepared! I'm so incredibly grateful that we were able to find him.

And Susan Emory is doing so good! We invited her to fast yesterday to ask God when He wanted her to be baptized. At church, she said, "There's no date coming to my mind, but I just keep feeling soon!" She's working on quitting smoking and is just trying so hard! Her attitude is much better than it was before, and she actually made it a couple of days before she slipped up. But, she picked herself up and is trying again. She'll be baptized either at the end of September or the beginning of October, I'm sure of it! Regardless of when, though, she is going to be baptized, and that brings my heart such joy! Everyone at church keeps saying how much she has changed, and that is just a testimony to me that her change is real, and that the spirit has truly worked within her heart. Getting to teach her and see her change has been one of the sweetest experiences of my mission!

We have been blessed to find several new investigators this week, and I'm so excited to see what will happen. I can't remember the last time my planner was so full with actual set appointments - before the week actually began!

It actually is such a testament of the truth that this is GOD'S work. Because the past 4 transfers, I haven't been doing things much different. It's not like I've been disobedient or lazy, or doing things I shouldn't have. But, at the beginning of this 5th transfer her in Lacey, Sister Fowkes just bringing a little bit of difference in, the Lord has suddenly caused things to happen. And there hasn't been much difference in the way we work - although, Sister Fowkes has helped me to see a lot of little things I need to work on. Not because she's called me out, but just by her example. It's actually a little bit exciting, because I've already seen the growth in me as I've focused on improving. -

You guys. This is God's work. Never miss an opportunity to participate in it! Because even if you extend an invitation and someone turns you down, that is NOT a failure. Because this is His work, and He prepares people in His own way. There is nothing that we can do or say that will make the difference. But, if we open up ourselves, He will allow ourselves to be in the right place at the right time - but only if we continue to follow every prompting. With promptness. That is the meaning of the Lord hastening His work.

Oh man, I love this. I'm so grateful to be here. As Ammon says, "my heart is brim with joy" because of this work. I can't help but be happy! Thank you for all that you do to help me and support me out here. I'm grateful to each of you and the love you have for me. I love you guys!

Sister Beth Ann Root!

No comments:

Post a Comment