Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Letter from September 2nd, 2014

Hey all!

Don't know how cohesive this letter will be. Emailing on non-pdays is always a weird thing. Transfer news: Well...Sister Bayles is going home. And so I get to stay in Lacey! And, my new companion will be Sister Fowkes. Oh man, I am SO excited about that! She is stellar and we are good buddies. We served in the Bremerton zone and Silverdale zone together. We followed each other. It's going to be a good way to end this transfer!

It's very much a surreal feeling to realize that this is my last transfer. I'm pretty sure this is going to be my most emotional transfer. But, I anticipate it being one of the most joyous as well. Jerry Whitman is on date for September 20th. Keep him in your prayers, please! He was totally and completely elect, and it was SUCH a miracle to find him. He picked his own date to be baptized, and he is excited and totally on board. His wife is also very excited.

Susan Emory is also doing a lot better. She is much more focused and much more determined. She made the statement that she keeps trying to push the truth away and deny God's commandments, but the spirit keeps drawing her back to us. So, she knows she needs to start living God's commandments and has a desire to draw closer to God. And she WANTS to be baptized. So, instead of picking her baptismal date this time, we are having her pray and ask God when He wants her baptized. This way, she has more of a reason to work towards it, because she knows that it's what He wants, not just what the missionaries want. I'm not sure if it'll happen while I'm still here, but I have high hopes, and I'm confident that she will get baptized.

We also found a couple pretty sweet new investigators, Kevin and Raul. Hopefully you'll end up hearing more about them, because we really need new investigators! We only have a handful of people we're teaching, and really Susan and Jerry are the only solid ones. But, the good news is that they are SUPER solid.

Life is good. I've got nothing to complain about. My heart is full at the thought of all that I've been able to experience here, and I'm so incredibly grateful that I have 6 weeks left to serve my God in this capacity...but I'm also incredibly sorrowful that I only have 6 weeks left. But, I know this will be a great 6 weeks, and I'm determined to do all that God requires of me.

I love you all! Thanks for everything you do and for the support you give me. I feel the prayers and appreciate them. I love you!

Sister Beth Ann Root!

No comments:

Post a Comment